The beginning of the new year is a time filled with hope and excitement, but with it comes the cold weather! Fleeting snowfall has covered the U.K. already in 2017. As a result, the Campaign for Wool have given their 5 best facts about the benefits of wool insulation on their Instagram:
- Wool absorbs toxins emitted from building materials such as formaldehyde.
- This is an incredibly beneficial quality of wool insulation because it helps to protect your health against toxins.
- Wool fibres not only trap escaping heat, they radiate heat when they absorb airborne moisture.
- This means that wool insulation increases the heat of your house in two ways, double the effectiveness!
- Wool insulation can reduce carbon dioxide emissions in a typical house by 1 ton per year.
- This highlights how wool insulation is not just beneficial to your household, but to the environment as well.
- Wool insulation is far more effective at absorbing noise than synthetic counterparts.
- This is yet another extra benefit of wool insulation, especially if living near a main road where noise pollution is more of an issue.
- Wool insulation is easy and safe to install
- There are numerous companies that offer wool insulation, so you could have it in your home in no time at all!
- Wool is 100% biodegradable at the end of life, which is in excess of 60 years!
So, if you’re sitting in your living room wearing several layers of jumpers, and the only time you start sweating is when you nervously open your heating bill, you should consider getting your house insulated with wool and receive all of these fantastic benefits!
Standard Wool have been trading wool for centuries.
For more information visit us at www.standardwool.co.uk